FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - eFR-19 PROGRAM
1. How do I correct an error made in submitting the electronic FR-19?
Send an email to email@example.com, please included the case number and information that was entered incorrectly.
2. I am unable to see all the companies that insure automobiles that are authorized to issue Maryland Insurance Certifications in the “drop down box,” what do I do?
It may not have been submitted in the initial request, therefore it needs to be added by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How do I add an insurance carrier used by my agency?
Send an email email@example.com, please included the producer’s license number for the agent and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) code for the carrier that you want to add to the account.
4. What is the insurer’s NAIC code and where do I obtain this code?
The NAIC code is the 5 Digit number assigned by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. The information can be obtained from the insurance carrier.
5. Why am I unable to log into the eFR-19 program?
You may need to verify that the password was entered correctly. If the problem still exists call the MVA ACIS Help Desk at (410) 768-7486 to have your password reset.
6. Why does the confirmation indicate that the case requires 3 to 5 business days for processing?
The case was previously assessed which requires manual processing by a customer service representative.
7. Which policy period is to be verified?
Please verify the policy’s verification date, or that the policy was reinstated after the verification date.
8. Can other agents or personnel use my log on for the eFR-19 program?
As indicated on the certified statement form (ICD 072), you agreed to keep the user ID and password confidential.
9. What action can I take if the system will not accept a case number such as UM20000000, JU50001234, JL50001234 or FR50001234?
The Uninsured Motorist Complaint and Judgement cases can not be processed through the eFR-19 program. Please submit a paper FR-19 form by fax to (410) 787-2953.
10. Why do I receive a message that the case number was invalid?
There could be a number of reasons: